Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Memoire Liquide - A Fragrant Indulgence

Recently, in my NewBeauty Testtube, I received a full size bottle of Memoire Liquide Reserve Amour Liquide Body Cream. I also received some sample sizes of the companies perfume. I then won (yay!) another Testtube, filled with similar items, including another full size bottle of Memoire Liquide Reserve body cream, this time in Soleil Liquide. I really like both creams (aka lotions). My favorite by far, though, is the Amour scented one. It has a wonderful vanilla aroma that is subtle and sophisticated. The texture of the cream is thick and luxurious. And it really does moisturize well. The scent also lasts most of the day - my husband will remark about smelling vanilla when I move. I also like the Soleil liquide, but it is a much stronger aroma. I personally love the smell, which reminds me of a classic English garden with lovely little white flowers. My husband, however, didn't enjoy it and thought it was too strong. So I will put this one when he is gone camping or first thing in the morning so it wears off by the time he gets home. These creams retail for about $25 for a 5.1 oz size. For my budget, that is expensive, but then again, this is a LUXURY cream. I would recommend it, even at that price. Splurge. Use it after your weekly bubble baths. A little goe a long way, because this cream is rich in moisturizers. As for the perfumes....I am still undecided. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't LOVE them. And right now I have a couple of perfumes I do LOVE. Oddly enough, in the perfumes, my least favorite is the Amour Liquide, as it has a very strong smell and isn't as dainty as the vanilla lotion. The other sample was of Vacances Liquide, and I enjoy wearing this one every once in a while. Again, not because it's a bad perfume. It's not. But it isn't so amazing I want to go out and buy the full size bottle. I will definitely use all my sample :)

No comments:

Post a Comment