Thursday, July 5, 2012

A "Truly Awesome" Family Fun Time by Kroger

A package came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. It was filled with items and ideas from Kroger's Truly Awesome line of products. I was so excited to learn that BzzAgent (who sent me the package)has teamed up with some major grocery store chains! Now I can try products (for free!) from the store I shop at the most. Inside this package (again, all for free!) was a bag of tortilla chips and coupons for a "Truly Awesome" pizza and some fruit popsicles. It also contained a booklet with some great ideas to have fun with the entire family. I took my youngest child with me to the store and we picked out a cheese pizza and some lemonade frozen popsicles. My husband had recently made salsa using the plethora of tomatoes coming out of the garden, so we were ready to go with the chips and dip! I made the pizza for the girls (ages 5 and 13) and the LOVED it! Our 5 year old ate 3 slices and the teenager did too! Our 13 year old commented on how great the crust was (and I tried it, it was good!). For a $2.00 pizza (yep!) it was self-rising, with plenty of sauce and cheese. We will definitely get more of these to keep on hand in the freezer.
We then played a game of Sorry! With kids in the home ranging from 5 to 16, there are a limited number of games we can play. They have to be fun, but not require reading. So our choices are Sorry! or Uno! right now. If you have any other ideas, please feel free to let me know. After our game, we were ready to cool down with a lemonade flavored popsicle. Yum! These taste just like frozen lemonade. Everyone loved them. The box is empty.
As for the chips....well these were not a hit in our family. Maybe there is a hole in the bag we couldn't see, but they tasted stale. (sorry, Kroger, but it's true.) The salsa, however, is amazing! As you may know from my previous post, Kroger has several store lines, from the Private Selection Line to the Truly Awesome line, and even a plain old Kroger store brand line (the cheapest of them all). I have also tried the Truly Awesome cookies before (and they were!). I think this is a great line of products.

No comments:

Post a Comment