Monday, July 16, 2012

My monthly present

First, I don't mean THAT monthly gift. I am referring to something that I look forward to every month. I check my email for notice of it's impending arrival. Then I check the mailbox until it comes. Yes, my mailbox. What am I talking about? My Birchbox. Some of you have have heard of it before, or seen one of their banner ads. Some of you may have heard of other types of monthly "lifestyle" subscriptions, such as MyGlam and GlossyBox. But, in my opinion, nothing beats my Birchbox. Here are some photos I took of my Birchbox's.
So, what is Birchbox? It is a $10 a month service. For that $10, you receive a lovely box (usually pink, but sometimes it is a different color to match a theme). It's what's in the box that is exciting. Each month is a new surprise gift! It might be nail polish, lipstick, eyeliner, hair serum, face cream, blush, bronzer, nail art, or more! Each month you will receive 4-5 "deluxe" samples, usually related to beauty. Sometimes they include lifestyle samples, such as the Cynthia Rowley designer bandaids, or the bananas foster Lara Bar that came in my box this month. These are often considered "extras" in addition to your regular 4-5 samples. For example, this month I got 7 items in my box! Here is a photo of my box this month. Notice it includes a FULL SIZE eyeliner, which I love!
All that for a flat $10! I did try Myglam and honestly didn't like one single box I received from them. I found them to be cheap, off brands. I haven't tried Glossybox mainly because it is twice the price, and why spend more when I LOVE BIRCHBOX! And I haven't even begun to tell you about the points! Each month you can review the product in your box and earn 10 points per review. So this month I earned 70 points. For every 100 points you earn a $10 credit. You can save up your points and buy full size products. I've bought several items from my boxes, sometimes paying nothing out of pocket because I used my points. I've bought a wonderful lotion, perfume, hair oil, nail polish, lip gloss, and more! So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today and soon you will enjoy your box too! Remember to fill out your profile so you get samples tailored just to you. And be sure to come back and tell me what was in your box!

No comments:

Post a Comment